8. Nov, 2016
Absence of Mind
In this hectic life of work and family, we sometimes forget to award ourselves genuine moments of peace and tranquillity.
We haven't learned how to truly Relax!
Try this and you'll see what I mean ...
- Find a quiet place alone
- Lie/sit down as flat on your back as makes you comfortable
- Slightly spread out your arms and legs so they do not touch
- Close your eyes
- Feel the rhythm of your breathing only. The rise and fall of your tummy
- Dismiss all other thoughts apart from your body
- Take a deep breath through your nose and slowly release it through your mouth
- Repeat this three times as you think the word, "R-e-l-a-x"
- Continue for a few moments to breathe normally through your nose
- Now, focusing on the top of your head, think "Relax"
- Continue to breathe normally
- Then focus on your forehead whilst thinking, "Relax"
- Breathe normally
- Focus on your closed eyes.
- Relax and breathe
- Now, relax your nose.
- Relax your jaw.
- Relax your shoulders and breathe
- Remembering always to mentally repeat the word "Relax" for each muscle group, carry on down your entire body: your upper back, your chest, your lower back, your tummy, hips, thighs, knees, and calves until you reach your heels and toes
- Take another deep breath through your nose and exhale very slowly through your mouth whilst thinking, "R-e-l-a-x"
- If this breath is deeper than the first three, you are achieving a state of true relaxation
- Now, drift off to a very special place that only brings thoughts of joy and peace
For the remainder of this wonderful journey into your psychosoma email firstname.lastname@example.org