Chance Favours The Prepared Mind
The French biologist and chemist Louis Pasteur (1822-95) is credited with having said, "Chance favours the prepared mind."
One hundred years on, however, too many people have yet to learn the true meaning of these prophetic words; words that can change lives!
We all have creative thoughts from time-to-time but these sudden flashes of inspiration don't just happen. And, I'm not talking about those eureka moments that change the course of history, just a sudden clarity of thought that lets you know what you are going to do next.
All such are manifestations of what you have previously allowed into your head; consciously or otherwise. Seeds you have planted from the films you watch, the books/magazines you read and the people you spend most of your time with.
These are the products of our daily experiences that favours chance! They are THE keys that unlock all accomplishment (or don't unlock it) that is central to the fulfilment of our 'something', whatever that something is for each of us.
10 Things We Can All Get Better At ...
- Reading/watching uplifting stuff
- Keeping a note of our ideas and pondering them often
- Debating with others who share/don't share our views
- Agreeably disagreeing when we have to
- Understudying those who have trodden the path to the excellence we want
- Listening to the ignorant without judgement
- Challenging the status-quo
- People watching at work and/or in our business dealings
- People watching at home and in our social settings
- Teaching our children (and others) to do it, too
You can do anything, anything at all if you keep your mind prepared!
Call me to talk through how to better favour your 'Chances'.
Complicated Is Easy! Simple Is Hard!