Let’s Meet Emo & Asser
“What’s the background to how these titles are arrived at?”
Great Question ~ If you’ve been keeping up with our recent T4TWs, you’ll be aware of the FOUR Primary Personalities: the COOL/TELLER; the WARM/TELLER; the WARM/ASKER; and, the COOL/ASKER.
But, how did we arrive at these descriptions?
To keep things simple, let me introduce you to Emo and Asser, brother and sister in the Tiveness family.
Emo Tiveness displays a range of emotions from Low i.e. you can’t see how he is feeling; to High i.e. you see just about everything he is feeling
Asser Tiveness displays a range of assertion from Low i.e. she prefers never to disagree; to High i.e. she’s happy to argue about anything at all
Draw a horizontal line, left to right, through the center of a piece of paper and label it, Emotiveness with Lo on the left and Hi on the right.
Now, draw a vertical line down and through the center of that piece of paper and label it, Assertiveness with Hi at the top and Lo at the bottom.
You have now identified FOUR quadrants:
- top left represents Lo Emotiveness with Hi Assertiveness (i.e. COOL/TELLER)
- top right represents Hi Emotiveness with Hi Assertiveness (i.e. WARM/TELLER)
- bottom right represents Hi Emotiveness with Lo Assertiveness (i.e. WARM/ASKER); and,
- bottom left represents Lo Emotiveness with Lo Assertiveness (i.e. COOL/ASKER)
So, what difference do these PPs make to helping or hindering relationships?
Next week, we’ll explore how each Primary Personality:
- wants their TIME USED ~ effectively; efficiently; to have fun; or, to make friends, and
- how they make DECISIONS ~ Win/Lose; Win/Win; Lose/Win; or, Lose/Lose.