Working With A Cool/Teller with Warm/Asker Backup
RECAP: We offer 13 simple interpersonal strategies for the effective accommodation of each of the sixteen identifiable personalities and have, in particular, considered these strategies associated with the COOL/TELLER, with a backup personality of the WARM/ASKER, which we term, Lecturer.
At first, a combination of opposing traits may seem conflicting. More often than not, however, they can result in synergy as the backup trait tends to temper the primary trait.
Over recent weeks we have explored the first seven effectiveness strategies of the Lecturer: General Characteristics; Positives; Negatives; Greatest Fear; Motivation; Ideal Environment; and, Desires.
Let’s now consider the remaining effectiveness strategies: 8 through 13:
8. Analysing Information ~ This combination learns from the past. They build for the future. They may underestimate inherent risk. They may involve others to assist them to break down the details. They use information as a means to work towards a defined goal. They may ignore alternative ways of doing things. They may misinterpret instruction. They can be persuaded by those they respect.
9. Personal Growth ~ This combination needs to express their feelings more freely. They need to manage expectations better. They need to be less moody. They need to be open to debate. They need to invite others to contribute. They need to be aware of their voice-tone. They need to be aware of their body language. They need to accept change is sometimes necessary. They need to adopt more openness with others. They need to become more flexible.
10. Management Style ~ This combination can be demanding. They can be direct. They can be withdrawn. They seek tangible results. They may assume others understand more than they do. They are capable of seeing the sociable way to accomplish things. They work deliberately. They can be conciliatory. They can be caring.
11. Working with this Combination ~ This combination wants to know what is specifically wanted of them. They want you to do what you said you will do. They want you to assume your own problem-solving role. They want you to ask if you do not know something. They want you to stick to the task at hand. They want you to provide reasons why they are being asked to commit. They want you to be patient when instituting change. They want you to remain engaged. They want you to avoid confrontation. They want you to avoid using harsh voice-tones. They want you to avoid aggressive body language.
12. Suitable Job-roles ~ Lecturer - Writer - Researcher - Trouble-shooter – Planner – Instructor – Head of Department
13. Accommodating Each Of The Four Primary Personalities
The Pure COOL/TELLER ~ is a lot like you; but higher in assertiveness and a lower in responsiveness. You will need to keep your will to win in check. Allow them to arrive at the appropriate decision by placing positive options before them. If you attempt to compete, they will want to win. The WHAT is important to you both!
The Pure WARM/ASKER ~ shares some traits in common with you, but is lower in assertiveness and higher in responsiveness. Be careful not to rush them. If this happens, they may capitulate and withdraw. You will need to share their feelings, and offer your own. This personality does things for others. They seek constant reassurance. The WHY is important to them!
The Pure WARM/TELLER ~ is higher in assertiveness and higher in responsiveness than you. You will need to chillax, unwind and express how you are ‘feeling’ from time to time. Show them you can have a bit of fun, too. Wonder off the subject now and then to achieve a mental break. This is a mutual relationship of esteem. A relationship of collaboration. The WHO is important to them!
The Pure COOL/ASKER ~ is lower in assertiveness, but similar to you in responsiveness. You will need to offer suggestions rather than directions and provide evidence rather than make decisions. They do not believe in single outcomes. They believe compromise is the best course of action in most circumstances. The HOW is important to them!
Should you fundamentally disagree with the above strategies, please respond with your reasons.
TO REQUEST YOUR TEAM WORKSHOP, OR A FREE COPY OF THE MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL LEADERSHIP GRID, EMAIL email@example.com or call 0044 7900 251258.
Complicated Is Easy! Simple Is Hard!