Is Minimalism A Key To Happiness?
There is an increasing body of opinion that Advertising is making us Consumer Junkies; we are addicted to acquiring stuff just because we are manipulated into buying it!
There's little science yet to demonstrate living with less, increases happiness, but a growing number of people who study advertising, especially through television, insist it's part of the solution.
Junk buying contributes to depression (living too much in the past) and/or anxiety (living too much in the future).
Try This 5-live ...
- Learn to ignore manipulative ‘Sales Spectaculars’ ~ they always come round again
- Just buy less stuff ~ if you can't consume it/use it within 48-hours, forget it
- If you’re not sure whether to buy something, don't ~ your doubt is telling you something
- Hold a regular 'family council' to discuss expenditure ~ teach your children the value of money
- Have a garage-sale-day ~ giving away leftovers on 'Freecycle' ... https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiG54DtleLRAhUlte0KHVDwC0YYABAA&sig=AOD64_3-4cgaoVqG1YdI15SHyOzKDEX_Bw&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjepPzsleLRAhUEK8AKHROBDTkQ0QwIGg&adurl=