6. Jun, 2017

Is Misery Optional?

Misery may be defined as a state or feeling of great physical or mental distress or discomfort and it is a wholly self-destructive emotion!

From time-to-time, most of us may feel a bit down, but did you know wallowing around in misery is our choice?

READ: Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search For Meaning" and you'll know.

For instance, overhearing a conversation between two young teens, one boy asked the other, with sincere interest, why he always seemed to be happy.

"That's easy" he exclaimed, "I can't see the point of wasting a day!" 

What profound words of wisdom from someone so young! [Take a look at the 'Serenity Prayer' below]

You'd better believe that everyone chooses the way they feel at any given moment; what we think is truly what we get. And, research has determined that 80% of what we worry about will never, ever happen; whilst 80% of the remaining 20% never turns out as bad as we imagined it would be.

That means just 4% of what you and I are concerned about really matters, whch isn't too much to focus on resolving.

And, it's no excuse blaming things on others either, for as the poet says, "No one can get your goat if they don't know where it's tethered".

So the next time you feel sorry for yourself, decide how you want to feel, and if you don't want to feel bad, think-different-thoughts.

CLICK https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjcq4zz0qnUAhUDI8AKHckiDCsQyCkIJzAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dd-diB65scQU&usg=AFQjCNEmh3Js8RSTaKMtXfM66HzDkHWL2Q&sig2=bKi6TMg5jVeQPk8ag19qBQ 

Serenity Prayer: Dear God, please grant me the courage to change the things I can change, the grace to accept the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Complicated Is Easy! Simple Is Hard!