Part 2 The Foundation of All Good Relationship
“A good character is something you make for yourself. It cannot be inherited from parents. It cannot be created by having extraordinary advantages. It isn’t a gift of birth, wealth, talents or station. It is a result of your own endeavour. It is the reward that comes from living good principles and manifesting a virtuous and honourable life”. L Tom Perry
In BLOG 11th October, we discerned that Personality (Behaviour) and Character (Moral Code) are not the same thing; and that Integrity is the foundation of Good Character.
Integrity Check-List in a nutshell:
1. Trustworthiness ~ means saying what you mean ~ quietly and with respect ~ and meaning what you say.
2. Accountability ~ means admitting error or mistake without delay and striving to rectify it with all concerned.
3. Reliability ~ means doing what you say you will do.
4. Sharing Success ~ means willingly acknowledging the contributions of everyone involved.
5. Humility ~ means to willingly contemplate the guidance of those with greater relevant knowledge and experience.
6. Mutually Beneficial Outcomes ~ means seeking a Win/Win result for all involved or respectfully agreeing such outcome is not possible.
7. Sincerity ~ means seeking to fully comprehend a comment or situation before donating your point of view.
8. Generosity ~ means freely giving your available time, your talents, your resources to improve another's position.
9. Service ~ means paying attention to the spiritual and temporal welfare of those around you.
10. Kindness ~ means a smile, a hello, a handshake, a “Can I help?” or a “How are you today?”.
11. Edification ~ means lifting each other’s awareness in and understanding of a common cause.
12. Punctuality ~ means always striving to arrive before the agreed meeting time.
13. Intuition ~ means listening beyond the spoken word for the real meaning.
14. Belief ~ means committing yourself to a worthy cause.
15. Personal Growth ~ means recognising the potential in others even when they cannot see it in themselves.
To explore more, call John 0044 (0) 7900 251 258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org